At 11:25 AM 5/17/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Autarch wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 17 May 2000, Peter Haworth wrote:
> >
> > > Drew Taylor and I are about to write a subclass of Apache::Request which
> > > includes form element generation methods, a la CGI.pm. The current
> favourite
> > > name is Apache::Request::Forms, but we'd like to know if anyone has a
> better
> > > one.
> >
> > There's going to be a new version of CGI some time in the future which
> > will allow you to only use the parts of it you need without all the memory
> > bloat.  There's an alpha on Lincoln's page at
> >
> >  http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/software/CGI/CGI.pm-3.01tar.gz
> >
> > With this and Apache::Request I'm not sure I see the need for what you
> > guys are working on.
>Well, my question is 1). when is it going to be released and 2) what is
>the interface? Our aim is to produce a much smaller module, intended to
>be used only under mod_perl, with a much more restricted set of methods.
>If anyone is interested, here are the form elements we're currently
>looking at inplementing:
1) It will be released when there are enough people banging on it and
submitting comments. Hence it is in alpha because the API could change in
the future, BUT it is wanting for people to help test.

2) The interface for CGI.pm 3.x is that the monolithic pre-3.0 CGI.pm was
broken into a well defined object hierarchy.

Otherwise, I believe it is basically the same API.