Vivek Khera wrote:

> Have you looked at CGI::Form that already exists?  It would be a good
> basis.  Currently, it is based on CGI::Request but should be able to
> use Apache::Request one would expect.
Actually, I have briefly looked at this module and looked no more when I
realized it was no longer being maintained. I'll take a look at the code
and see if it's workable to our goals. It would be really nice to have a
starting point, no matter how rough.

I had also considered looking at CGI.pm and seeing how it does things
internally. Is it "moral" to use code from one module in another if they
are both released under the same license?

> I think the name CGI::Form is appropriate, since the forms are part of
> the CGI protocol, not anything mod_perl or Apache sepecific.
> CGI::Form seems to be an abandoned module, so I'm sure you can get
> permission to adopt it and extend it.
Well, in our case we are looking to make it mod_perl specific. See my
to me, but the Apache:: namespace seemed appropriate for it's mod_perl
specificness (is that a word?).

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.