I'm sending them because some of my scripts have to do redirection.
But why the problem only happens _occasionally_?

Anyway, in the meantime I'm passing the outputs directly to Apache::SSI,

  Apache::SSI->new(
    $output,
    Apache->request)->output;

Ridiculous enough, but it seems to work fine.

Thanks,
Kenneth