On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 12:27:58PM +0800, Gunther Birznieks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> replace my $global with use vars qw($global);  and your problem should
> disappear.

If you had read my mail you would have known that I do not search for a
workaround. While in this simple example it is possible to create a package
variable instead of the lexical, it is ugly (I mean, the variable is now
visible everywhere). In other circumstances it is very hard to usea package
variable instead, e.g.:

my $v;
sub xxx { $v }
my $v;