Hi All:

Thank you all for taking time to read this message.

I got two things that i really don't understand.

1. I got RedHat6.2. I tried to install modperl. Apache1.3.12 and modperl
1.24.
I installed every prerequired package. Configuration is fine and
compiling is fine
without any errors. But i never got test passed. The error messages:

httpd listening on port 8529
will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
letting apache warm up...\c
done
/usr/bin/perl t/TEST 0
still waiting for server to warm up...............not ok
server failed to start! (please examine t/logs/error_log) at t/TEST line
95.
make: *** [run_tests] Error 9

I check error.log file:

[notice] Destruction->DESTROY called for $global_object
[Tue Jun 13 18:42:39 2000] [warn] [notice] child_init for process 20497,
report
any problems to [no address given]

There is nothing i can do. I am so frustrated because we has another
machine upgrated from
redhat5.2 to 6.1. We installed modperl without any problem. We tested
everything ok.
Please point out. Greate Thanks.

2. Since i can't get my new modperl running. I just use modperl coming
with redhat6.2.
The weired thing is that if i put PerlModule Apache::DBI in httpd.conf,
the web server
can not startup. If i take that out, the server can connect with
database ( because i put
use DBI; in perl script file?). But i can't get persistent connections,
sometimes it can connect
with database (mysql), sometimes it can't connect database with the
following errors
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at
cnznetmod.pm line 1
59.
DBD::mysql::st fetchrow failed: fetch() without execute() at
cnznetmod.pm line 1
60.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: MySQL server has gone away at cnznetmod.pm
line 151.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at
cnznetmod.pm line 1
59.
DBD::mysql::st fetchrow failed: fetch() without execute() at
cnznetmod.pm line 1
60.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at
cnznetmod.pm line 1
30.
DBD::mysql::st fetchrow failed: fetch() without execute() at
cnznetmod.pm line 1
31.

But it works in most time.  I can't turn on debug because i can't put
PerlModule Apache::DBI in httpd.conf.

Thank you very much...

Steven.