Steven Zhu wrote:

> Thank you for your quick answer. Is any way to find the thread about this
> issue quickly?
> I got most recent modperl and apache. I did all as you said as root. But test
> is always problem. I has another machine. The machine has no problem for any
> version
> modperl and apache at all, always pass test. I guess that we missed something.
> But it does not make sense because this professional OS redhat6.2 is
> preinstalled on machine, should include all necessary libraries... I have no
> idea, compiler does not
> complain any thing, even no warnings or errors...
I'd try searching for "test fail" and possibly "MacEachern" since Doug
was the one who answered the question. The mailing list archives are
listed on http://perl.apache.org/

> For redhat modperl rpm installation, i did not put PerlModule Apache::DBI
> httpd.conf. Why i still can connect database(most time it is fine, but
> sometimes
> it is not fine.) because i put PerlModule Apache::DBI in httpd.conf. The web
> server
> does not startup. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
My suggestion is to just forget the RPM version of modperl. You should
always compile your own IMHO. I think others on this list would agree.
The RPM that shipped with RH 6.1 (what about RH 6.2?) was very broken in
several respects.

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.