Steven Zhu wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Thank you all for taking time to read this message.
>
> I got two things that i really don't understand.
>
> 1. I got RedHat6.2. I tried to install modperl. Apache1.3.12 and modperl
> 1.24.
> I installed every prerequired package. Configuration is fine and
> compiling is fine
> without any errors. But i never got test passed. The error messages:
>
> httpd listening on port 8529
> will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
> letting apache warm up...\c
> done
> /usr/bin/perl t/TEST 0
> still waiting for server to warm up...............not ok
> server failed to start! (please examine t/logs/error_log) at t/TEST line
> 95.
> make: *** [run_tests] Error 9
>
> I check error.log file:
>
> [notice] Destruction->DESTROY called for $global_object
> [Tue Jun 13 18:42:39 2000] [warn] [notice] child_init for process 20497,
> report
> any problems to [no address given]
>
> There is nothing i can do. I am so frustrated because we has another
> machine upgrated from
> redhat5.2 to 6.1. We installed modperl without any problem. We tested
> everything ok.
> Please point out. Greate Thanks.
I remember a recent thread about this in the list. Try searching the
archives. You might also try running make test as root, rather than a
normal user. I could be wrong, but the right answer was given by
Doug(?).

> 2. Since i can't get my new modperl running. I just use modperl coming
> with redhat6.2.
> The weired thing is that if i put PerlModule Apache::DBI in httpd.conf,
> the web server
> can not startup. If i take that out, the server can connect with
> database ( because i put
> use DBI; in perl script file?). But i can't get persistent connections,
> sometimes it can connect
> with database (mysql), sometimes it can't connect database with the
> following errors
I noticed this problem with Apache::DBI with the redhat mod_perl RPM. It
would just silently die, with no visible errors.

The first thing to do is pull the latest Apache and mod_perl source
distributions (1.3.12 & 1.24) and compile it yourself. See the guide for
instructions - go ahead and use the  "10 minutes to mod_perl"
instructions.

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.