Here's another topic I've had on my mind lately.

I currently try to initialize all vaiables in the definition (my $var =
();) I've read where several I respect, Doug being one :-), initialize
variables. Then I've read posts of people comparing the op count from
initializtion vs. non-initialization where initialization creates a
sizable more percentage of calls.

So my question is: Is variable initialization necessary? Is being a
lexical enough? To date, I've played it safe. But if I don't have to...
then I won't.

Does anyone have good evidence either way?

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.