On Jul 18, 2000 at 22:34:05 +0300, Alex Shnitman twiddled the keys to say:
> Another interesting thing about this issue: if I assign
> $port{$portname} + 1 to $Port, and not just $port{$portname}, it
> works! If I ever try to return $Port to the needed value, e.g. using
> the -- operator, it doesn't work again. This completely stumps me. I
> tried just about any trick you can think of to get the value from
> $port{$portname} to $Port, but I can't -- if I add to it or substract
> from it, it's fine, but if it somehow gets back to the original value,
> in any way, it doesn't work again.
>
> Does that give any new ideas as to the source of this issue?

Yes. The source of the issue is that you sent your ErrorLog to
/dev/null. Send it somewhere else where you can read it and you should
find the error in short order.

Rick Myers                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Feynman Problem       1) Write down the problem.
Solving Algorithm         2) Think real hard.
                          3) Write down the answer.