| Well you still have to implement a VBScript parser (Damian, of course,
| implemented a latin parser), and the problem is that ASP is parsed by
| Apache::ASP, not by perl, so you'd have to make use of the VB parser at
| that point.

Hi, just wanted to let you know, I'm going to pick this up in about one or
two weeks from now, as soon as I tackled some deadlines.

In short, I have the following in mind and partially worked out in actual
code. A package VBScript::Parser which offers:

    $parser=new VBScript::Parser;
    $evalable_perl_code = $parser->parse($complete_asp_page);

The evalable_perl_code will start with a "$VB=new VBScript::Core;". All
VBScript statements will have to get a perl method in the VBScript::Core
package, so a=mids(x,y) could be translated to $a = $VB->mid($x,$y). I could
definitely need some help in creating methods for all statements in
VBScript.

All Server, Request, Response and Application objects will inherited from
Joshua's Apache::ASP. After that, we could create other objects like
VBScript::adodb::connection to implement things like
"server.createobject(adodb.connection)" and the like.

Let me know if you're interested to help me out with this.

Ime