Dmitry Beransky wrote:

> At 09:58 AM 7/24/00, mgraham wrote:
> >For instance, I would like a backend web application to be able to
> >learn about form fields from the template tags:
> >
> >   [% input type='text' name='email' required=1
> >validate_as='email_address' %]
>
> That's where the XForm may come quite handy
> (<http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/>).  The specification is still been
> worked on, but it has some parts that can already be used on the back
> end.  I can see it (me thinks) fit quite nicely into Apache::ASP XML
> processor.  I thought about coding it up, but never got the time.

If you could tell me more about this sometime, like where you
are going with this, and how this might be brought into the
server to ease developer use that would be great.  Its still
takes a bit to get my head around XML ways of looking at things.

What I do see from second glance that there is at least the
possibility for a XSLT stylesheet to be developed that would
take care of an XML form consisting of both the xform data
and the regular form for processing.  But still it seems
that there might be some part of the XML form generation
that could be handled by the server.  Perhaps what would
facilitate this model would be to render the $Request->Form()
data into the XML somewhere so that XSLT processor could
then pick it up?

Does this standard cover the way in which the developer
might then work with the data on the server?  I'm wondering
if in ASP the developer would still use $Request->Form()
for final data storage with whatever database backend
or XML that needs interfacing with.  I didn't quite get
in the example of how the XML file might get updated.

-- Joshua
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA