Matt Sergeant wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Ian Kallen wrote:
>

> > XForm sounds just like something I need actually, can any of the XSLT
> > tools transform it? In perl, of course, XML::XSLT, Sablotron (which
> > doesn't compile on FreeBSD btw, feh!)?
>
> I don't think any tools support it yet. The only thing that may come close
> is the FP taglib in Cocoon, which I'd point you to, but something is going
> really slow this morning. Its in the CVS archive only at this point, and
> there's a README in the docs section of the distribution.
>
> Kip Hampton has said he'll work on an equivalent taglib for AxKit.

Yup. Though, XForms is (will be) considerablbly more powerful. The fp
taglib is more concerned with reading/writing form data in XML while
XForms seeks to redefine forms technology in general.

FWIW, the folks over a Stack Overflow have created Mozquito
(http://www.mozquito.org/) that trys to implement many of the cool
features of XForms for today's browsers. What they've done is pretty
astonishing, but when I saw how it worked I ran screaming from the
building. . .

-kip