> !) 'Do not' load mod_perl as a DSO.
> 2) 'Do not': "PerlFreshRestart On" in httpd.conf.

Curiously enough, "PerlFreshRestart On" has always worked for me, even
on the production servers.

It's pretty damn useful too, giving servers a graceful restart everytime
you upload a module...  it'd be a pain to have to fully restart the
server every time, that would mean like 10 seconds of downtime for the
whole site.

> 4) Trouble shooting is a bag of worms,

No kidding it is!

One thing that needs to be repeated too: unless you care about children
doing cleanup-type things after their last request, you should really
start Apache/mod_perl with PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL=-1.

> which includes error_log, gdb, strace, PERL_TRACE (on UNIX of course).

I humbly bow to the Gods of Unix, in thankfulness for the strace command.

--
Roger Espel Llima, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.iagora.com/~espel/index.html