On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, martin langhoff wrote:

> Chris,
>
>       i'd bet my head a few months ago someone announced an apache::bench
> module, that would take a log and run it as a benchmarking secuence of
> HTTP requests. just get to the list archives and start searching with

I wrote a simple perl script (that forks multiple childredn and uses IPCs
to get multiple threads banging on your box) that runs from a parsed
log... but it was more to test functionality than as a benchmarking tool.
It _should_ still be floating around here...

> benchmarks and logs. CPAN is your friend, also.
>
>       there are at least 2 or 3 benching perl scripts available. I bet at
> least one does what you need. but I may still loose my bet ...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   | Don't go around saying the world owes you a living;
http://BareMetal.com/  | the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
web hosting since '95  | - Mark Twain