Are you trying to establish a persistent connection using Apache::DBI ?

      IIRC Oracle connections don't persist across forks so you should use the
      method described in the Apache::DBI manpage to establish one connection
      per child:

Apache::DBI->connect_on_init($data_source, $username, $auth, \%attr)

But I could be wrong as I don't use Oracle !

You might want to check out the mailing list archive at
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/

HTH,

Simon Wilcox.

               From           "Jason Liu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            Date

                [EMAIL PROTECTED]                          Time  12:02

      Copy to         (bcc: Simon Wilcox/BASE/WilliamsLea)

      Bcc     Simon Wilcox/BASE/WilliamsLea

      Fax to

      Subject       database access

Hi,

I can access oracle database from the main Apache process, but not from any
child processes.  I am fairly new to this subject, can someone give me some
advice?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

   This email contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
   legally privileged.  It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing
   or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by
   replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
   use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or reply on this email.