----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Bunce" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >  yeah... but Apache::DBI and DBI are in cahoots! it's a secret love that
> >  no documentation can break apart!
> >
> >  no, really it would be nice if the DBI connection "hook" was
documented. it
> >  might even turn out to be useful for other module authors.
>
> The next version will support a dbi_connect_method attribute to
> DBI->connect() to tell it which driver class::method to use.

I wonder if Apache::DBI could figure out what connections are worth
holding open by itself?  It could have some hints in the config file
like regexps to match plus a setting that would tell it not to
make a connection persist unless it had seen  x instances of that
connect string in y seconds.

       Les Mikesell
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]