At 18:14 30/11/2000 +0000, Nigel Hamilton wrote:
>       Also for average-sized files, does the time taken to perform the
>decompression/compression negate any speed increase gained by reduced file
>size?

I don't have numbers to back this, but I'm ready to bet that writing an
uncompression algo meant to run within a browser is going to be *slow*.

Why do you want to do this ? I can't see any reason for wanting this
instead of using gz encoding, which will be faster by much, and is a well
proven method of sending large files faster.

-- robin b.
Learn from your parents mistakes - use birth control.