Nigel Hamilton wrote:

>         Does anyone know of a mod_perl module that compresses HTML and a
> companion Javascript procedure that decompresses the data on the
> client-side?
>
>         I know there are Gzip modules that zip files on the way back to
> the browser ... but I'm after something that zips on the server and
> decompresses transparently in Javascript across all browsers. Ideally I
> want to do: document.write(uncompressed-contents) in Javascript on the
> client-side.

To add to Matt's comments and likely Ged would agree, you'll probably
find that Gzip compression is better supported cross browser than
any JavaScript you could come up with.  JavaScript breaks in lots of
ways all the time if you just look at IE4-IE5, NS4.0x-NS4.7x.  And then
look at them on NT/2000 vs. 95/98/ME, that'll really kill ya.

--Josh