I would agree. If you want to see design patterns in practical action with
relation to mod_perl.. go to

http://www.extropia.com/ExtropiaObjects/

and skim through Chapters 10 (App Architecture) and on (on the individual
app toolkit components). Each one contains a sidebar on how design patterns
affected the design of our application toolkit for CGI and mod_perl.

Later,
    Gunther