On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Eric Strovink wrote:

> The idea would be to put into people's hands several
> different complete, debugged, sophisticated frameworks
> for building the rest of their application.  All the
> hard stuff's done -- .conf, proxying, DBI, session
> control, cookies, templating, compiling, building, and
> so on.  All the newbie has to do is tweak an
> already-working example, without necessarily
> understanding all of what s/he's been given.

i'd love to see that happen. one of my personal projects is
called JonezWare - it's a web-based media sharing system,
basically a browsable/searchable catalog of media files that
live on a distributed network of file servers. it's the
"sample" app for AO, my servlet engine. as AO comes along,
i'd love to see other sophisticated applications built with
it - messaging/collaboration tools, content management
systems, portal toolkits, what have you.