> You miss the point.
>
> It's not about credentials in a boolean sense. It's about
> probability and
> statistics.

That's exactly true - in fact I'd go so far to say that the probably and
statistics vary for each type of certification.

I trust an M.D.'s certification far greater than I trust an MCSE
certification, because I can be pretty sure the doctor completed his
education and had to actually think a little to accomplish that. The MCSE,
not so much. A few months of memorization (quickly forgotten) does not mean
the same as 7 years in med school.

It all comes down to what certifications the employer trusts. We (in effect
the M.D.'s employer) trust their medical degree. Not because some company
ran a marketing campaign to tell us that we should, but from our own
experience, and the experience of others.

However, Microsoft simply runs an ad campaign telling employers that they
can trust MCSE's - and why should they believe otherwise? 8^(

Steve