For the raw benchmarks...

OK, I finally got a little time to download and read some the hello.tar.gz.

It's good to see TT is fairly fast. But it's a shame that the only way to
get faster than PHP is to write a raw Mod_perl handler according to the
benchmarks. All the other mod_perl tools seem slower.

JSP seems to also blow away mod_perl and PHP (except being almost
equivalent to mod_perl handler speed). I assume Resin is precompiling JSP
to Java classes and that maybe the JRE you are using does some very good
hotspot on-the-fly machine-code compiling type technology?

How does this benchmark stuff compare to the tests run at

http://www.chamas.com/bench/

I notice that JSPs take quite a beating there but are running on a lower
end machine on that set of tests. I presume the below tests are intended to
replace the tests run on these various disparate machines.

You also seem to have taken out tests? So you are no longer testing
servlets only? It would be interesting to see if Servlet -> JSP dispatching
(with is the recommended model of coding Java Servlets/JSPs these days)
results in any slow down.

Gunther Birznieks ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
eXtropia - The Web Technology Company
http://www.extropia.com/