[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 10:37:16AM -0800, Joshua Chamas wrote:
> >
> > Please feel free to run the tests yourself, and if you give
> > me the results, I'll be sure to post them at a later date
> > at http://www.chamas.com/bench/ .  You can grab the benchmarks
> > from http://www.chamas.com/bench/hello.tar.gz
> >

> I downloaded the tar ball just to fool around on my system.  It will
> be nice to have a README file with a short instruction set.
>
> Do you compile apache for each test or do you just use
> one size fits all apache  with everything compiled in?

One size fits all is the idea, but only the relevant parts
of that benchmark will be loaded into a custom httpd.conf
startup file for apache.  The benchmarks get run at the
same time on the same apache, so any overhead due to modules
registering themselves into apache for handler stages
will be passed to all the tests.

Yes, I'll provide a README, and --help/-h help command
line docs in the next release.

-- Josh