> For the raw benchmarks...
>
> OK, I finally got a little time to download and read some the
hello.tar.gz.

> It's good to see TT is fairly fast. But it's a shame that the only way to
> get faster than PHP is to write a raw Mod_perl handler according to the
> benchmarks. All the other mod_perl tools seem slower.

Everybody looking at this tests should be aware that it only test the
startup/setup overhead for a "null" request. The Hello World actualy does
nothing, so it highly depends on what features are initialized at the start
of the request, it even makes a difference if different systems sends a
different number of response http headers. For this reason this benchmarks
are _not_ a comparision of the speed of the different systems which would
manifest in real life. To get some usefull numbers there must be tests for
very different situations, at least with some dynamic content in it (Joshua
is working on that), another one with database access and for example some
session management to have persistent data. There are more factors, for
example the possibility of some systems to cache the generated output, the
possibility to build your page out of many components...

But even if somebody will generate such a huge benchmark suite there are so
many factors, so they are very difficult to compare.

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151