Perrin Harkins wrote:

[cut]

> Doesn't that appear to be saying that whichever process gets into the
> mutex first will get the new request?  In my experience running
> development servers on Linux it always seemed as if the the requests
> would continue going to the same process until a request came in when
> that process was already busy.

Is it possible that the persistent connections utilized by HTTP 1.1 just
made it look that way?  Would happen if the clients were MSIE.

Even recent Netscape browsers only use 1.0, IIRC.

(I was recently perplexed by differing performance between MSIE and NS
browsers hitting my system until I realized this.)