Folks, your discussion is not short of wrong statements that can be easily
proved, but I don't find it useful. Instead please read:

http://perl.apache.org/~dougm/modperl_2.0.html#new

Too quote the most relevant part:

"With 2.0, mod_perl has much better control over which PerlInterpreters
are used for incoming requests. The intepreters are stored in two linked
lists, one for available interpreters one for busy. When needed to handle
a request, one is taken from the head of the available list and put back
into the head of the list when done. This means if you have, say, 10
interpreters configured to be cloned at startup time, but no more than 5
are ever used concurrently, those 5 continue to reuse Perls allocations,
while the other 5 remain much smaller, but ready to go if the need
arises."

Of course you should read the rest.

So the moment mod_perl 2.0 hits the shelves, this possible benefit
of speedycgi over mod_perl becomes irrelevant. I think this more or less
summarizes this thread.

And Gunther, nobody tries to shut people expressing their opinions here,
it's just that different people express their feelings in different ways,
that's the way the open list goes... :) so please keep on forwarding
things that you find interesting. I don't think anybody here has a relief
when you are busy and not posting as you happen to say -- I believe that
your posts are very interesting and you shouldn't discourage yourself from
keeping on doing that. Those who don't like your posts don't have to read
them.

Hope you are all having fun and getting ready for the holidays :) I'm
going to buy my ski equipment soonish!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/