For some reason, I think this will be a long (but on-topic) thread...

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 12:32:44PM -0800, Jamie Krasnoo wrote:
> Ok, I've had it with RH 7.0. Too many problems. What Linux distro are some
> of you using with Apache 1.3.14 and mod perl 1.24_01?

I use Debian (potato/woody/sid). Getting a good development environment is a snap, and
I've never lost time to figuring out wierd kernel/glibc/perl problems.  Personally I
prefer to do a very minimal install of debian, then just apt-get whatever I need (ssh,
vim, etc). Perl modules can be installed using apt-get, but it's just as easy to get
them using the CPAN module.  Not having to hunt down dependencies and download
separate RPM's is something you get used to _very_ quickly!  Within an hour, I can
have debian installed, a new kernel compiled, and apache/mod_perl compiled and
installed.

/me goes back to getting Perl 5.6, LWP, and other things to work properly on a RH 7.0
box... ARGH!!

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff

Software Engineer