> > Is there a way you can do that without using Storable?
>
> Right after I sent the message, I was thinking to myself that same
> question... If I extended IPC::MM, how could I get it to be any
> faster than Storable already is?

        You can also read in the data you want in a startup.pl file
and put the info in a hash in a global memory space
(MyApp::datastruct{}) that gets shared through forking (copy on write,
not read, right?).  If the data is read only, and only a certain size,
this option has worked _very_ well for me in the past.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
C665 A17F 9A56 286C 5CFB  1DEA 9F4F 5CEF 1EDD FAAD

PGP signature