I've used Apache::ASP and it worked quite well for me. With Apache::ASP
(as for other mod_perl based frameworks) you should interface with your
favourite relational database using the DBI (via. Apache::DBI is best).
There are DBI drivers for MySQL. I don't know about SQLServer -- for
that you could use the ODBC driver.

See http://dbi.symbolstone.org/ for DBI. Also checkout HTML::Mason
http://www.masonhq.com (my favourite) and EmbPerl
http://perl.apache.org/embperl/