On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Victor Michael Blancas wrote:
> I'm planning to implement a DBI session management integrated with
> Apache::ASP, much like how Apache::Session works.

Might as well just use Apache::Session, if it already does what you need.

> Is this better for clustered web servers with a single database server
> or do I just nfs mount a shared directory and put the global directory
> there?

In general, a good database will give you better performance and
scalability than NFS.  NFS gets clunky when you need locking and
synchronization.  However, a relatively small site should do fine on NFS.
Since NFS-shared sessions already work with Apache::ASP, you could try it,
benchmark it for your expected traffic, and then decide.

- Perrin