I recently began to experience many lingering
mod_perl processes which slow down my tcp connection.

I use Apache::Registry for all my mod_perl need.
Not the "real" handler.

The practical solution I found was to cut down the
number MaxRequestPerChild and kill off the processes
after a few requests.

I understand that Apache::PerlRun has the overhead
of compiling each script with a new request.  I would
like to know whether there is a compilation overhead
if I set say MaxRequestsPerChild 1  ??

I was also thinking that because the script is loaded
from the disk with each request there will be performance
degradation because of disk data ransfer rate will be
order of magnitude less than if the script were
to remain in the memory all the time.

That leads me to think about using very cool RAMFS that
comes linux-2.4.  What does everyone think about using
RAMFS to reduce the performance degradation due to
I have over 100 scripts altogether but the total size of them
is less than 1 MB and I have plenty of memory.

Thanks in advance