barries wrote:

> > Anyway, this seems promising. Where I know we wouldn't pay money to fund an
> > entire year of Stas developing mod_perl solely, I certainly know that there
> > are probably features I would seriously consider sponsoring.
>
> Any others out there that might be interested, let's hear from you :-).
> My employer's on the rocks, so no easy money there....

I'm finding (while doing consulting work) that, if I already have
an "in" with a firm, I can usually leverage that to work in time
training the staff in how to use mod_perl indirectly, by teaching
them Embperl first.

Embperl ends up being the draw.

I find I can take average Perl programmers and get them up and run-
ning with Embperl, basically in two sessions.  And once they figure
out what all they can do - and how quickly all their Perl scripts
can transfer - they buy right in.

The main hurdle turns out to be working a build of mod_perl into the
servers they're using.  Often quite a number of developers are all
at work, and they don't all merit the kind of trust that mod_perl
requires.  Mod_perl, though, is a pretty trusting module.

--

Richard Goerwitz                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel: 401 438 8978