:: Okay, last idea: you say you can connect to mysql from the command line,
:: from regular CGI, and from PHP.  I'm guessing that in all of those
:: situations, you're acting as the same user (win2k user, not mysql user).
:: However, under mod_perl you'll be acting as whatever user your web
:: server runs as.  That's probably the only real difference between
:: mod_perl and the other situations.
::
:: So if you can become that user and try connecting to the database,
:: perhaps you can get more insight into the problem.

I would like to try that (anything to get this working).  Er...  how do I do
that?

Kindest regards,
Jonathan M. Hollin
Digital-Word.com