> >Such things could be solved by using DBIx::Recordset for database access
and
> >define some filters, which are able to transform the content of a field
> >to/from format you need it.
>
> Well, that assumes everything is a database... "everything I think I see,
> looks like a database to me..."
>
> If you look at PHP's GPC model and then realize that it goes farther into
> allowing other datasources such as S or a DB or a secondary DB if the
first
> one is empty for that field, then you'll see that abstracting it in a
> common way rather than a DBI-specific view is much more powerful and is
> something that applications do occasionally have to do.
>
> Writing a filter is doable but really kind of a hack really.

I didn't meant a filter, that filters the html page, that would really be a
hack. What DBIx::Recordset can do is have a filter for every database field,
which does the data conversion (for example to and from a human readable
dateformat).

Of course that's only for database access, but it's out there for some years
and does a good job in many projects for me.

That doesn't mean that there aren't many things that could be done more
general, but somebody has to do it....

I looking forward to the widget library to see which problems it solves.

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131