On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Henrik Edlund wrote:

> And while we are discussing "not cutting corners", those who still use
> MySQL should switch to a real DBMS before they even think of abstracting
> the SQL away from their Perl code.
>
> That people still use MySQL really shows how many lusers there are with
> computers that try to develop real software. I said _try_.

What would you consider to be a real DBMS? Sybase and Oracle obviously,
but I actually am the hypothetical programmer with a 233MHz machine with
64 MB RAM (hey, it runs emacs fine :/) on a shoestring budget who is
mostly limited to using freeware tools.

What about PostgreSQL and Interbase? Do those have the features of a
'real' DBMS?