On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Tim Bunce wrote:

> I think DBIx::AnyDBD is a pretty good compromise.

Well, I worked with Matt on the project for which it was developed
(WebBoard for Unix) and I still felt like there was just way too much
stuff to deal with.  Just too much SQL.  I wanted a more abstract way to
do things like outer joins, which are different in syntax across multiple
platforms.

It's definitely better than nothing, but I think for a larger project
you'll still end up with a huge amount of very similar SQL statements in
your modules.

I guess that's why I've been working on Alzabo (though I had actually
started that well before working on WBUX).

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun