On 01 Aug 2001 14:29:10 -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> > http://axkit.org/docs/presentations/tpc2001/anydbd.axp
>
> Is this basically a hash of SQL statements, indexed by DBD type?  Or is
> there something more that I'm missing?  (I should have gone to your TPC
> talk...)

All AnyDBD does is create a class hierarchy in the namespace of your
choice, based on the type of database you're connecting to. The idea
being that you can create a cross database application that makes use of
all database features (such as optimisations, hints, stored procs) where
appropriate. You can abstract stuff away behind methods, and build up a
nice layer of cross-database methods.

(note I'm not saying this is the best way to do it, but the original
question was what do people use, and this is what I use).

It's a shame you don't have access to the code we wrote (for WebBoard
Unix), as it would be a nice example to look at.

--
<Matt/>

     \\//
     //\\