On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Andy Turner wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 01:40:30PM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> > >
> > > The simplest answer is to just not use Apache::DBI.  Just use DBI
> > > normally. The only draw back is that you don't cache database handles
> > > this way.  But in many configurations that isn't an issue.
> >
> > Huh? You can read anything from the memory once you are running in the
> > same process, be it Apache::DBI, DBI or your own raw access module.
>
> Ahh, I was assuming a DBI handle lexically scoped to the handler subroutine,
> sorry about the confusion.

it can be lexically scoped, but it doesn't prevent you from reading from
memory. It's not easy but possible. But things are even simpler, see
below.

> So long as the handle goes away with the connection you're okay.

Your dsn + login/passwd stored in the file are readable by other users,
who are in the same group as the server, so you are *NOT* OK.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://localhost/      http://eXtropia.com/