Nah, you can do require("ConfigModule.pm") and it'll work.

> > Are you getting a ConfigModule.xs file written and compiled OK?
>
> Yeah, there don't seem to be any problems writing and compling
> ConfigModule.xs. I can get through make, make test, and make install
> without any problems; it's just when it comes to starting the
> server that
> I run into the problem.

OK, can you describe the problem a little more clearly? The "Testing user
file" bit doesn't seem to come from anywhere - any ideas where it's coming
from???

> > > Details:
> > >
> > > mod_perl version used is 1.23
> >
> > There have been some fairly serious config directives bugs
> fixed since then.
> > I suggest an upgrade.
>
> I'll look into it, but my sysadmins are worried that
> upgrading is going to
> break, in strange and obscure ways, the multiple live
> commercial sites we
> have running on our servers. Are there any resources
> available I might be
> able to use to reassure them?

No! They have every right to be concerned. Don't try this stuff on a live
server, seriously. I do it on axkit.org (at least I did it on axkit.org when
it was live), but there was never anything business critical on there except
documentation.

Matt.