Hi....I know this is not the lawyers hang-out, but it is seasoned
contractor's hangout and as such I need some legal advice...May I?

I did some work (about $25000 worth) for a customer and I'm having
problem collecting.

One big problem is that I don't have a formal signed hardcopy contract
binding my customer to the work and cost. I however do have verbal,
email communications, FTP logs, Web Access logs, hardcopy business
projections, Witnesses and such showing that I'm not making this up.

After months of promissing sweet equity, partnership, this and that,
finally customer has asked me to invoice them and charge interest for the
unpaid balance. At the same time customer is using the application
I wrote for them. I however have a feeling that they are simply buying
time and differing the problem. And they might even file chapter 11 as
their marketing projection was not so correct. But I did my part.

What can I do?

Should I see a lawyer, and put out yet some more money towards something
that could never materialize?

Is there some kind of Small Business Arbitration Committee?

I'm in Northern California, Bay area....

Thanks

Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering