If you only have one IP and want to have many web sites (ie URLs) for
your customers, then why don't you use VirtualHost. Then your customers
can either have

www.customer1.xyz.com
www.customer2.xyz.com

or

www.customer1.com
www.customer2.com

solve the problem at the root, not at the leaf...
Looks like you are trying to do what Apache already does...

Unless I missed your point....

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Mithun Bhattacharya wrote:

> >>But but it does not work. But if I put in URL/directory and a forward slash/
> >>eg. http://URL/directory/ then it shows the default.htm page. But I know my
> >>customers, and they will not put in the directory forward slash. How do I
> >>get around this issue?
>

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_dir.html
>
> <quote>
> This module provides for "trailing slash" redirects and serving
> directory index files.
> </quote>
>
> <quote>
> A "trailing slash" redirect is issued when the server receives a request
> for a URL http://servername/foo/dirname where dirname is a directory.
> Directories require a trailing slash, so mod_dir issues a redirect to
> http://servername/foo/dirname/.
> </quote>

Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering