Hi again,

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Titus Brown wrote:

> Bear in mind these are in the instructions for installation for mod_perl ;).

:)

> I don't want it to install in the default place.

The only time I've had real grief with building was when I did that.
One of the problems is that it's difficult to make sure that all the
permissions are right if you move away from the 'standard' layout, and
if you meddle with that and the makefiles then it's near impossible.
Still, a lot of people do it and manage OK.  I really just wanted to
know if you can get things working OK without moving too far off the
beaten path.  If you can, then it's generally easier to trace where it
all goes wrogn when you start changing things.

> People have had problems with mod_perl and child pids core dumping, at least;

Core dumps and segfaults are common enough, I meant that I hadn't seen
it happen for the reason you gave.

>    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/modperl/784385
>
> is another one, to which you responded, in fact ;).  I don't see any
> followups from the original person tho.

No, no reply.  It happens.

Really must hit the sack now...

73,