> : )  No problem,  I guess I am unsure if this is the proper way
> to setup an
> Access, Authen, Authz handler.  When I use this configuration my
> 'handler()'
> method does not get called and I get an error in the logs:

This is *not* the correct way to invoke it.

> > > <Directory /home/stathy/apache/html>
> > >     AuthName "Login"

# This is incorrect
#      AuthType Base::Session::Handler

# *This* is what you need if you want the
# browser to prompt for a username/pass
        AuthType Basic
> > >     require valid-user
> > >
> > >     PerlAuthenHandler Base::Session::Handler
> > > </Directory>

I just checked my answers from the Eagle (Writing Apache Modules with Perl
and C), and that's the correct way.  If I'm not mistaken, the chapter on
Authentication is one of the sample chapters that's online at
http://www.modperl.com.  Have a look over there, it'll straighten you right
out. :-)

L8r,
Rob