On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 21:00, Stathy Touloumis wrote:
> Actually, I DON'T want the browser to prompt for a username/pass.  I saw the
> examples in the eagle book and they all seem to use Authz, with Auth
> handlers using the example you showed.
> Perhaps I need to modify the headers so that the prompt does not occur?

I have the exact same problem. I want my AuthenHandler to decide if the
user is prompted for a password. Unfortunately "the book" tells me:

"By the time the handler is called, Apache will have done most of the
work in negotiating the HTTP Basic authentication protocol. It will have
alerted the browser that authentication is required to access the page,
and the browser will have prompted the user to enter his name and
password."

Has anybody got an idea how to let a handler decide, if autthen. is
required?

Thanx,
Joachim