Rob Mueller (fastmail) wrote:
> > And ++ on Paul's comments about Devel::DProf and other profilers.
>
> Ditto again. I've been using Apache::DProf recently and it's been great at
> tracking down exactly where time is spent in my program.

One place that Rob and I still haven't found a good solution for profiling
is trying to work out whether we should be focussing on optimising our
mod_perl code, or our IMAP config, or our MySQL DB, or our SMTP setup, or
our daemons' code, or...

Can anyone suggest a way (under Linux 2.4, if it's OS dependent) to get a
log of CPU (and also IO preferably) usage by process name over some period
of time?

Sorry to move slightly off-topic here, but in optimising our mod_perl app we
have to work out which bit of the whole system to prioritise.