Hi All,

Thanks to Perrin's help I have been able to isolate
all my current problems down to whenever I make a call to

CGI::scrolling_list(...);

in a piece of code that is executed in the load stage of
mod_perl I am unable to extract any values from my forms
using

CGI::param("field_name ");

in my cgi scripts. By load stage I mean BEGIN blocks, anonymous
subroutines in packages loaded at startup, or even named
subroutines called from startup.pl

If I remove the call from the load stage I can issue the scrolling_list
call from any cgi (or packaged sub called from a script) and everything
works fine.

Versions: perl 5.6.1, mod-perl 1.26, CGI 2.78

Any ideas? other than go bug the CGI.pm people, I'm already on my way :)

Perrin Harkins wrote:

snip ..
> It looks to me like you are confused about "our" and BEGIN.  If you change
> the "our" to a "use vars" I think it will fix your problems.  This is not
> mod_perl-specific.
snip...

I was able to get BEGIN blocks to work with "our", after I changed
everything to the
"use vars" syntax, and back. No idea what changed, don't really care,
just happy :)

Both the mod_perl docs and perl 5.6.1 docs are pushing the use of "our"

Dave
--
Dave Morgan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]