> As I understand it, the session data is "state" which is committed to
> the database on each request (possibly).  It would seem to me that
> instead of denormalizing the state into a separate session table, you
> should just store it in a normal table.

The typical breakdown I use for this is to put simple state information that
connects this browser to long-term data in the session, and everything else
in normal database tables.  So, I put the user's ID (if this session belongs
to an identified user), a flag telling whether or not this user has given a
secure login so far in this session, and not much else in the session.

Actually, even this stuff could be put into a normalized "sessions" table
rather than serialized to a blob with Storable.  It just means more work if
you ever change what's stored in the session.

- Perrin