Hans Juergen von Lengerke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> David Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Feb 19, 2002:
> > The encoded information is [...] split into reasonable length hidden
> > fields.
>
> Why not put everything in one field? Are there restrictions? Does it
> make a difference when using POST?

The POST encoding dose not have a limit on data length. Heck, people use
<textarea> tags with huge amounts of content all the time.

However, I didn't feel comfortable assuming that the HTML parser used by the
browser could easily parse a potentially 20kb attribute. Basically, I didn't
want to make my production application a stress-test for my user's browsers.
:-)

It was easy to break the data up into multiple hidden fields, because Base64
encoding breaks the data into multiple lines by default. I simply encoded
each line in one hidden field.

I would *NOT* use my module with a GET form if you expect any size of data.
I've seen the query string get truncated at some arbitrary size limit.

David