Caller wirtes....

> we've just migrated our 80K line pure perl web application to mod_perl...ah...
> so much aster... can anyone advise on their experiences for setting up
> apache/mod_perl for team development? up till now, we've all been running
> our own copy of sources out of our home directories, and running a separate
> apache instance for each developer seems like overkill

Source Control or Revision Control will always be there, no matter if you work
out of one box or many boxes. Further I don't see anything different about mod_perl
vs C++. There are all source codes.

My suggestion would be to install a Linux on your developer's PC and keep
with the distributed model. Now everyone can use a common web tree and
at integeration, bring all of them to a staging box, QC it and ship it to production.

Caller can also buy some content management software like Interwoven's TeamSite
product that provides a virtual workarea, for about $300,000.  Its always Make or Buy.
Isn't it.

clayton cottingham wrote:

thought someone might like to have a gander at this:
http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=146303
look forward to seeing your replies!!
Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering