On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 04:53:56PM -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Medi Montaseri wrote:
>
> > My suggestion would be to install a Linux on your developer's PC and
> > keep with the distributed model. Now everyone can use a common web tree
> > and at integeration, bring all of them to a staging box, QC it and ship
> > it to production.
>
> Giving everyone their own Apache daemon, which uses their checked out tree
> of code, on a central dev server is really not a problem either.

One other tip... write a small script (or modify apachectl) to start
apache with a port number matched to your unix UID.  This keeps
developers from using clashing port numbers.

  httpd -c "Port $UID" -c "Listen $UID"

etc..

--
Paul Lindner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]   ||||| | | | |  |  |  |   |   |

    mod_perl Developer's Cookbook   http://www.modperlcookbook.org/
         Human Rights Declaration   http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/index.htm